Tuesday, December 13, 2016
8 a.m. Breakfast & Networking
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Research Presentation &
Interactive Panel Discussion
Austin ISD Performance Arts Center
1500 Barbara Jordan Boulevard
Austin, Texas 78723
When children are ready for Kindergarten, it means they are ready for school!
E3 Alliance will present new data that links Kindergarten Readiness to student 3rd Grade reading and math scores and discuss the opportunities we have to help children prepare for school.
What we know:
- Kindergarten Readiness is highly predictive of both reading and math success in 3rd grade.
- Kindergartners are 4.4 to 5 times more likely to pass their 3rd grade STAAR if they were ready for school.
- Kindergarten readiness was more predictive of third grade success than any demographic factor, such as income status.
The goal of this E3-3D event is to:
- Discover the factors that are most predictive of student success
- Learn how organizations across Central Texas rise to the challenge of helping our students reach their potential.
- Laura Koenig, Director of School Readiness, E3 Alliance
- Dr. Amy Wiseman, Director of Research Studies, E3 Alliance
- Michelle Harper, President/CEO, United Way Hays County
- Natalie Weber, Director of Federal Programs / Texas Literacy Initiative, Taylor ISD
- Scott Willie, Child Development Center Director, Del Valle ISD
Event is FREE. Registration required.
Thank you to our Panelists