Thank you to all of our panelists for a lively and highly informative discussion at our 2018 Fight the Flu Kick-off Event at Dell Medical School on September 12, 2018. You can watch the video here. We hope that it will serve as a resource of information and best strategies for the success of your flu clinics.
Our special thanks to Dean Clay Johnston and the Dell Medical School for hosting the discussion in their Health Learning Building and positioning the Dell Medical School as a public health organization that is accessible to the community. And a very special thanks to our panel of experts and their organizations:
• Clay Johnson, MD, PhD, Dean, Dell Medical School
• Dr. Elizabeth Matsui, Professor of Population Health, Dell Medical School
• Georgie Arenaz, Principal, Copperfield Elementary School, Pflugerville ISD
• Jinny Suh, Lead for Immunize Texas & Austin ISD Parent
• Allison Winnike, President, Immunization Partnership
• Jenn Daniel, Central Texas Hub Manager, Healthy Schools
• Drew Winton, Community Manager, Health Schools
• Adrian Cordona, Community Manager, Health Schools
“Fight the Flu” Healthy Schools clinics start next week and will take place in 400 schools in 20 school districts in Central Texas from September to November. Thank you for being a participating district and campus in the campaign!
The Flu Kick-off received media stories. Here are some of the stories that ran yesterday in the local media in Central Texas:
Brought to you by: